Technical communication is undergoing a culture shift from expert-driven documentation to coopting user-generated content and nurturing user communities.
Social documentation changes the way documentation teams work and offers new opportunities to those who can take advantage of them. If you wonder where to start, what your role as a technical writer can be, or what technologies to use, our consulting services are for you.
When working with our clients, OGI social documentation experts use a two-pronged approach that combines technology and social engineering. We consult documentation teams on using Web 2.0 technologies and our patented methodology for capturing and re-using user-generated content and user information, including user communities, wikis, forums, blogs, and leading social platforms’ APIs. We also work with our customers to develop successful social documentation strategies for architecting, creating, and managing thriving and productive user communities.
Our Consulting Packages
Selection & Implementation
- Technical strategy development
- Vendor research and selection
- Workflow integration
- Social platforms integration
- Personalization and feedback
Creation & Management
- Community strategy development
- Community development/standards
- User engagement and motivation
- Content development and curation
- Training and change management